Friday, October 23, 2015

Hurricane Patricia

On November 1st I am going to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico as a birthday trip. It is the biggest trip I have planned since all my cancer fun started in January. Granted I have gone to Seattle and some local places in Utah, but nothing this big! I haven't left the country for 3 or so years, and haven't been to Mexico for 7 years. I am going with my mom and her friend and then two of my best friends - I am pretty excited!

All that excitement has been slapped in the face when I got a text from my dad asking if I am tracking the hurricane approaching Mexico. Well I wasn't worried about it until I started looking at the news reports and realizing this is the biggest hurricane to ever form in the pacific, if not everywhere. If there was a category 6, this would be that. And it was heading straight for Puerto Vallarta. 

I watched it make landfall tonight and it isn't looking as disastrous as it was expected to be. Hopefully things will be alright to go in a week and that the city is still in one piece. They aren't reporting much from the ground so we wont know until tomorrow I am assuming. We've checked on canceling and it doesn't look like it is much of an option at this point. Guess we shall see!

***UPDATE***
Patricia didn't hit nearly as hard as expected and our resort as well as our excursion place basically weren't effected by it. So the trip is on! We will see what the city looks like, and hoping there isn't much flooding or mudslides like they are expecting. I am excited to still have a vacation and that really no one was injured! So great!

No comments:

Post a Comment