Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Passport

So as I said I am going to Mexico on Sunday. Well you need a passport to get into Mexico, which I have but I could not find it! I looked where I thought it was and nope, not there. I then looked through everything at my house that I could and still no where. Thats when I realized that it is probably in my dang storage unit.. Yep. I packed it away.
See here is the reasoning that I did this. In early 2014 I had back surgery and had some major complications. I moved in with my sister after surgery to recoup, not thinking I would be there long, maybe 3 months? I really wasn't planning on staying once I was better. Well I had complications and wasn't able to return to work, thus no income really so I had to permanently move from my place with my roommate and into my sisters. I decided to store all my things in a storage unit, again, not thinking it would be more than a couple months. Since I wasn't able to lift really anything at the time, my dad has some of the guys from his work help move the things into the unit and thus it was packed so terribly that you couldn't get into the unit at all. Nothing had an order to it and things were everywhere. Complete disaster. It doesn't help that I have sooo much stuff. I have enough stuff for a full house (minus the furniture), all season decor, as well as an entire business (Sweet Janes, hence the name of this blog if you ever wondered). Once I realized my passport was somewhere in there I paniced. I luckily have some amazing friends who were my muscles and helped me disect my hoarding unit, I mean storage unit. We were about half way in and came across my gun safe (I don't have a gun but was going to have one so my dad bought us gun safes) and a memory flashed that I put it in there! And luckily there it was! Success!
After celebrating finding it, we repacked the things in somewhat of an order and took some things to donate and some things to throw out. It turned into a good day, even though it didn't start that way!
Passport is now in hand and lesson learned, never pack such important things. Safe deposit box may be in my future... Mexico here I come!
This is what we had to start with... Good hell.... 


One of my amazing helpers! 

Success!!

After, I know it doesn't look much different but it is 1000 times better!

Soo happy to have found it!

No comments:

Post a Comment