Friday, November 4, 2016

All things personal

Last post was all medical - this is all personal and fun things.

Since surgery I have felt very good overall which has been nice. I started to drive 12 days after surgery and that allowed me to be free to do what I like and go to the store and all those things. Went to a movie, went to my friends sons birthday party and did a wagon ride, dressed up for Halloween, went to the last summer farmers market at Wheeler Farm, took the boys (Ben and Jack) out trick or treating in my sisters neighborhood (which was really fun), turned 34, got the keys to my new place and have started to slowly move in.

Social Butterfly


My birthday usually is a big deal for me but with surgery and the whole no eating fat thing I kind of was a downer about it for a bit. I never realized how food centered a birthday is until I couldn't have anything fun! In the morning I met up with little Ruby, her mom Ali and her sister Jane for some acai bowls and healthier food. It was fun to be goofy with the girls and of course to see sweet Ali. You can read her blog here. Since I got the keys early (got them on the 1st and was planning on getting them on the 5th) I had some friends over to the empty place that night and just ordered pizza for them and such. It was a lot of fun to have everyone over to see it.
Look at this pretty cake my friends got me - even though I couldn't eat it until the next day. My wonderful friend Elise also went out of her way to make me a sans free birthday dessert - strawberry shortcake. It was delicious!

Since then I have been slowly moving things in and we have movers coming tomorrow to load up my storage unit. I'm a bit nervous to see what I have in there... some of the stuff has never been used so it will be like Christmas! I'm still deciding on what I am going to do with all my Sweet Janes stuff. I'm torn on it - want to keep it but also don't want to just store things to store things. I am also not sure I want to close that chapter all the way. We will see. I have until the 30th to have the storage unit completely cleaned out.


Besides moving I am going to try and do some fun things before life gets shaken up on the 10th. Not sure what, but definitely will do something each day not medical or moving.

One thing I want to acknowledge is that there is a saying that you never know your true friends until you have to ask them to help you move. Well, I am overly blessed in the true friend category. I have too many helpers! How is that possible? I sure do love my army.

No comments:

Post a Comment