Thursday, March 2, 2017

Keytruda #2 down

I finished my second infusion of Keytruda two days ago and am feeling pretty good. This past 10 days though I have been having insane and indescribable body/joint aches. They get so bad at times all I can do is lay there still and wait for meds to kick in. They have seemed to build and then drop. For example, Sunday night I couldn't move and it took my meds over 2 hours to even take the edge off. And then yesterday (Weds) I was ok by the end of the night even though I couldn't move in the morning. We don't have a clear understanding as to why I am having these or what is causing them but my theory is that my body went from almost negative white cell activity to overproduction of white cells (which happens in your bone marrow) so I feel like they are like cancer growing pains. It has made me stay in bed a whole lot as the pain just drains me. Hopefully they begin to drop off and I can move on.
Keytruda #2, trying to embrace my little fuzzies

My liver and my other labs all have come back normal since starting treatment which is really great. Gives me a glimmer of hope that I can stay on this treatment for a while and hope it will get the knitty gritty from these damn tumors. 

I haven't been up to much lately besides resting. I get out as much as I can but lately I have felt like I have no energy to do much so I then, don't do much. I think part of this is also not having enough fuel in me to do a lot. My appetite is still almost nothing and I have lost enough weight that practically everyone mentions it. While I welcome weight loss it is still hard to know that it is from such a brutal way. I am down to my lowest weight I have been in YEARS. I am 35lbs away from the thinnest I remember being. I just wish it was a healthy weight loss and I was strong, and not so flabby. And that my boobs didn't go down so much too! 

I've been invited out of town the end of the month and am going to try and get stronger so I can do that. Of course we all know that a lot can happen in a short amount of time so I am not getting hopes up too high but it would be amazing to get out of town for a bit. And feel good while doing it! 

I went and saw Mandy's grave today and glitter attacked it! It was pretty fun. It wasn't a sad experience, more a goofy one. Just like we were when we were together. I've always wanted to just throw glitter around and I did just that today. I also got some new glittery nails which always will remind me of her. 



Next appointments are scans on March 17th, hopefully the lucky date will bring me luck! What to do until then...


1 comment:

  1. M life in Las Vegas - MapyRO
    M life in 안동 출장마사지 Las 통영 출장안마 Vegas: Overview, History, Location, Phone number, 제천 출장마사지 Address, Reviews, TripAdvisor 화성 출장샵 user ratings, Phone number, Reviews, 남원 출장마사지 TripAdvisor

    ReplyDelete