Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Manageable

I have been on the pain patch for just under a week and it is finally starting to kick in. I am still having to take meds for the breakthrough pain, but not nearly as much as I would without the patch. My pain is manageable now, but definitely still there. I just have to be cautious of my actions and movements as sometimes I turn and it sends a shooting pain out of the blue. I can't squat or bend down so things on the ground are tricky. That's where my trusty claw grabber comes in handy! When I had my back surgery three years ago that thing was a life saver and now it is back to prove it's worth once again. It's been helpful getting things from lower in the fridge or in the low drawers around the house.
Right about now is when the BRaf inhibitors usually start to work their magic so I have hopes that they are working hard and getting this progression under control. I hope to see improvement from here on out. These meds are the ones that make me super sensitive to the sun and today I pushed my limits being outside without protection so I bet I'll be a little rosy. I went with a friend to Wheeler Farm to just see the animals and get a little walking in. Since October I haven't been as active as I would like and then having this last month pretty much keeping me in bed or on the couch, my muscles have definitely started to go far far away. I can feel that I am weak and know that I need to work on regaining my basic muscles again. For now it is walking around stores or farms. Little things that will help just wake up my body hopefully. Plus I don't like laying around all the time, even though I know it is necessary at times.

For now I don't have an appointment until the 21st. Hopefully just improve until then.

The sun interfered... 

Puppy Bjorn did really good with all the animals! 


1 comment: