Saturday, May 16, 2015

Gearing up for round 3

I have turned the corner and am headed into my final round of biochemo on Monday. It has actually gone by quickly for me and I see the light at the end of the tunnel. 
This past round has been pretty hard and I struggled with dehydration, weakness and nausea. I had to receive IV fluids 4 times after leaving the hospital which was stressful. We are hoping to combat the dehydration better this next round without seeing the inside of the hospital as much. 
After this round they are going to present me to the tumor board again and discuss whether or not radiation is beneficial or more harmful for my current stage. If they decide radiation is -not- beneficial then I will be finished with treatment for now. If we do radiation then I will have 21 treatments, and be done in about 6 weeks. 
I am excited to be almost done with the hardest part of this battle, the chemo, and to start getting back to my normal life. This summer will not be wasted, it will be filled with friends, family and fun. Fighting cancer gives you a different outlook on things. I know that eventually I will have to grow up and get a real job, but 2015 is going to be lived simply and adventurously. There is always time to grow up, just later.
One day at a time, until the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment