Monday, August 24, 2015

Slowly inching back into reality

This past week I started to inch back into reality of going back to work. I have started to feel better and my energy is coming back after 2+ months since chemo. It is amazing how much it takes out of you. I have been fortunate enough to have the means to not work during this time and focus my energy on getting better and just relaxing. I have a great family and many caring friends as well as a great boss who is probably overly protective of me and will only let me slowly start back at work for short periods of time. (which is really nice of her!)

I helped man the Urban Farm and Feed booth at the Utah Beer Festival on Saturday Aug. 15. I only was there for a little over two hours and man did it knock me out. I was beat! It was a lot of standing and engaging with people, which takes a lot more energy than people think! I then have agreed to be the driver for Urban Farm and Feed/Wasatch Front Farmers Market - picking up produce, eggs and random errands so that the other employees can focus on their jobs and become more productive. I did just over 4 hours the other day and handled it well. It was nice to have a purpose in my day, besides meeting up with people for lunch and such. But don't get me wrong, I do love that! I will start doing that more this week and then maybe in a few weeks start helping back at the farmers market. We shall see!
Driving and delivering!

This past weekend I got to spend it with some close friends. It was a lot of fun and everyone has commented on how much better I look and how they can tell I feel better because my energy is so different. I truly feel so much better and can feel things going back to normal a little more each day. Saturday was my good friend Ericas engagement party and I was stressing about what to wear... I'm not a dressup gal and they definitely are. I kept having what I call "Phantom Ponytail" issues. It is were I would find myself trying to decide how to do my hair for the party - curled, straight, up, down - the works. And then to realize that I don't have the hair to worry about doing those things to! It happened multiple times before the party. I haven't had to get dressed up since losing my hair, so it was the first time these ideas came to me. It was truly strange. The party was a lot of fun - can't wait for the bachelorette weekend in Seattle next month as well as the wedding and reception coming up. 
Engagement Party

Felt pretty that night

At a house party with some good friends - Courtney and I

Nova let me borrow her crown

Selfie

No comments:

Post a Comment