Thursday, January 28, 2016

Never a Dull Moment

There truly isn't a dull moment in my life sometimes. I feel like I am on a roller coaster at times - go from not having much going on to having everything going on. 
On Thursday and Friday of last week I was sick with side effects and then told to stop my meds for a break. On Monday morning I found out that my mom was taken to the hospital for heart pains the night before. Turns out that she had a 95% blocked artery and she had 2 stints placed. She was in the hospital for 3 days, but now is feeling brand new she says. The doctors say that she barely escaped a major heart attack and that it is good she came in when she did.
I went from sitting with her in the hospital to Huntsman to sit with Mandy, who is getting progressively worse. 
My doctors appointment was Wednesday and we decided to try another type of Braf inhibitors and see if the side effects don't hit me as hard. It is hard because in just this short amount of time the tumors have begun growing, which is very scary to feel and be aware of. I will start the new drugs either Friday or Monday at the latest. My doctors don't seem too concerned about the break in treatment but I can't help but wonder what that will do. If I react with strong side effects there may be an option of switching to a PD1 drug such as the Niv/Ipi combo or Keytruda. We shall see how the new meds go. 
And then I think I have caught a stomach bug... All the fun at once. 

One day, one moment at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment