Sunday, September 4, 2016

LaterBlog: August 20-26

Another busy week in the books! I think I just decided to fill August with all the summer fun at once!

On the 20th I got a haircut (it grows crazy fast - and curly - right now!) and then headed to Roy to do a balloon release in honor of Miss Mandy with her coworkers and family. We also did her favorite shot which tasted like French toast - pretty wild. I only took a sip but it was tasty! The balloon release was hard but it was also nice to watch them float up.





After that my sister picked me up and we headed to Eden for the hot air balloon festival. We got there and watched one take off and then had some food and looked at the vendors. Once it was dark they did the "glow" where they have balloons on the ground and light them up with the flames. My sister and I have wanted to go to one of these festivals for awhile so we were excited to catch one.
 




The 21-23rd I went to Bear Lake for a girls trip. I went with one of my best friends Maryann and then  two of our friends we met from the farmers market. We got there pretty late on the 21st and all of us were pretty exhausted so we headed to bed. The second day was the lake day. They rented jetskis and we just hung at the beach for the day. I didn't feel so great to start the day off but rallied and enjoyed myself by mid day. We enjoyed some raspberry shakes (they are known for this) and fries and then just hung out for the night. We had to head out super early because I had my radiation consult. My friends are very nice to do this cause I'm sure they'd like to have stayed longer. The 23rd was my radiation consult and you can read about it in the previous update blog.







24th was a full day for sure! I started the day with a work lunch with Gastronomy. They wanted to do something for me in light of my new news so we decided to go to lunch. The entire office (minus a couple people) came and it was a lot of fun. We went to a new southern restaurant called SoCo and it was tasty! After that I had to prep for my CT scan so I met a friend and drank up. Sure hate that stuff...

Once my CT was done I rested for a bit and then went to ZooBrew. ZooBrew is when they open up the zoo to only adults - no strollers or kids! There is also beer and wine if you drink. It was the best way to see the zoo! As much as I enjoy going with my friends and their kids, it was a lot of fun to just mosey around the zoo and look at everything. The lion cubs were all playing and harassing their dad, it was adorable.



That Friday (26th) I looked at a duplex that I will most likely be moving in to. The timing is still up in the air but I hope it works. The location and price are perfect so it is hard to pass up. We shall see! That night my friends and I headed up the canyon and made some dinner and then did S'mores. There is something about just going up the canyon and hanging around a fire chatting with your friends. We need to do it another time before the seasons change.


Phew - lots of fun stuff! And pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment