Thursday, September 29, 2016

Cramming in the fun

It's been a good week. After the emotional roller coaster of a day last week, I started to move forward and continue on with things. I cancelled all I needed to cancel for the upcoming weeks and booked a trip to California to see my best friend and ocean. One of my close friends got married and we had a great time at the celebration. It was held at the Leonardo which used to be the old library. My grandpa was the commissioner when it was built so there is a plaque with his name on it. I always think it is cool to see. The Leo has an exhibit called "Flight" right now so there is literally an old airplane inside. It is pretty amazing. There are also all sorts of flying things too - hard to explain. It was really great to see all the developments in flying that I take for granted! 

   


I also saw my friend run up a ski jump. Yep, ski jump. It is the Red Bull 400. You gain 500ft in elevation in 400 meters. It is insane! And of course he is amazing at incline running so he placed first in his division and second overall by just milliseconds. I just watch in awe as all the heats continued on. They are crazy but good on 'em! 




I have been working a bit this week too. Trying to get some money before being laid up for a bit. It feels good to have some purpose in the day. Sometimes not. ;)

Mumford and Sons were in town this week and I have been looking forward to this show for a long time. Things didn't go as planned and I sat in my car and listened to the concert, I know that sounds super depressing and sad but it was actually nice! I've been laughing about it all week. It made it so I could listen to the first presidential debates as well as the concert AND I didn't get stuck in the traffic after the concert was over. In and out! Ahh, my life is a bit special. 

Tonight I am headed to a gala for cancer with Huntsman Cancer Institute. It is the annual "Take a night off of cancer" party so they have some inspirational speakers and dinner before the party. I am lucky enough to get to be a part of the gala because of my good friend who works for Huntsman. It is always fun to get dressed up and go out and about. I'll update this when I get some pictures from it. 


Surgery is now under two weeks away although it feels like it is coming up faster than that. Although I have kept myself busy, the worry of what life will be like after the surgery still creeps in. I have joked about things being referred to as BC (before cancer) and AC (meaning after I found out I had cancer) but now I need to figure out what to say in regards to this milestone. AS(s) haha. I think I'm really funny by the way... 

I am trying my best to be in the moment and not worry about what is to come. Easier said than done, but working on it. 

I have a lot of things jammed into the next two weeks, especially a lot of eating since that will likely be limited after surgery and with radiation. Enjoying what I can now! Oh and I have an MRI tomorrow to see how my brain tumor is doing. Really hoping that it is smaller. I haven't had as many headaches. Have been having a good amount of nerve pain though... let's hope that surgery takes care of most of that! 

Off to the gala I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment