Friday, September 23, 2016

Miles for Melanoma

Miles for Melanoma Salt Lake City was on September 10th and it was a lot of fun! Team #melafreakinoma was the largest (I think we had 53 people before the day of, more joined there!) and raised the most money, just under $4k. Pretty impressive. Lots of sunhats and sunscreen, we even had a small sunscreen sponsor – Naawk. It is a local sunscreen company and my friends contacted them and they sent over a bunch of sunscreens and chap sticks. Pretty great! My team was awesome and one of us even won the race by running it in just under 18 minutes. He’s crazy and a machine. I also met some people from Bristol- Myer Squib. BMS is the company that gifted me my meds after insurance denied it. Amazing gift. I talked to the local rep for the company and he took a picture of us. I introduced him to little Ruby and her mom as well. Bringing awareness to all the people involved.

After the walk we headed to Urban Farm and Feed for breakfast which was super tasty and low key.

I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t overwhelmed that day. It is a lot to handle when you have a lot of people in one place all for you. I feel like I don’t get to talk and spend as much time with them as I’d like. I’m pretty spoiled to say that I am overwhelmed because I have too much support – but some days that’s how I feel. There are worse problems to have!


I want to thank everyone who helped make the day what it was. Hope that the money raised that day will help go towards some groundbreaking drug research. 

 








They came from Ogden for me!
My MSS Sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment