Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Escaping to California

When your mom tells you to buy a ticket to California on her then you jump online and book your flight. I was lucky enough to make it work before surgery and was able to spend 3 full days down visiting my best friend of 23+ years and her family.
I got there late on Thursday and we had a nice dinner at a Mediterranean restaurant in Long Beach. The next morning I got to sleep in a little while she took the girls to school and ran a couple errands. After that we headed out to get a special coffee. Right next to the coffee shop was a reflexology massage place advertising 40 minute massages for $20 - um, no brainer! It was an experience to say the least and very enjoyable too! That night we went out to a movie (Bad Moms) in a VIP theater where they serve you everything - your popcorn and all. So nice.

Adventures of Ash and Lex

Saturday we decided to brave Disneyland. When we got to the park it was so crowded, like crazy crowded! The girls were wiped out (me included in that!) by 2ish and only making it on one ride the whole morning so we headed home for a mid day siesta aka nap. Ash and I came back around 5 and spent some time wondering through the shops on main street and then had dinner over in California Adventure. The parks were both around 90% occupancy that day so to say it was madness is an understatement. The rides we wanted to go on were all at least an hour wait, and Tower of Terror never went below a 2 hour wait. We rode 2 1/4 rides for the day (I don't count the Tiki Room as a ride, so that's where the 1/4 comes in). Even though we didn't get on any rides really, I still had a great time. I was perfectly content with the amazing people watching for 10 hours and spending time with my best friend and her littles.
Ash and I
Waiting in line Selfies


too late..,

Dumbo!

We wore them out...


The best people watching Happiest Place on Earth
You're never too old for Minnie ears

Sunday we went to the beach and played in the sand and I got to dip my toes in the ocean, one of my favorite things. The girls played like crazy and got sand in every crevice but had smiles ear to ear and endless giggles. That night we did dinner and a show i.e. the presidential debate. Andre cooked and it was a lovely night once the debate ended. Only sad part of that day is that I was reminded of my dang neck because it started to hurt so immensely. It was bad enough that I had to go lay down and take all the meds I could think of to help relieve it. It finally eased up 2 hours later and then has been at a level 4-6 ever since. Other than that and a brief issue of nausea after the reflexology massage I didn't really think about being sick. Being sick wasn't the focus, the focus was on enjoying the day and the girls and being with my friend. It was so so nice. It was one of my favorite Cali trips I've ever done and it also was one of the most mellow. I loved it. And I loved the girls and their constant playing and giggling and loving me. I love my friend and how her and I are still so close after all these years and all the things we've both been through. Although I wish she were closer, it is always a great excuse to make it out to the coast to visit.
Good ol' Dre

One of my favorite things - toes in the sand

Who doesn't wear their Minnie Mouse gloves to the beach?

 

I am not sure when I will make it there again, but I hope to recoup soon and get there soon because man do those girls have my heart!


Silly face selfies. So dang cute. 


No comments:

Post a Comment