Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Brain and Liver Update

I can't believe I didn't do a blog on this already... I'm a bit scatter brained lately. Guess we can pretend it is the brain tumor but after finding out it is SMALLER it is not as likely. Yes, it is smaller! In one month it went from 6mm to 5mm. This is very good because it wasn't thought that the meds would reach my brain lesion so to have it shrink in a month is impressive. My doctor was shocked it had shrank so much without radiation. That said, we are still pursuing the SRS radiation. The hope is to do it after my surgery is done and I have healed a bit. Hopefully in the next month.

My liver is down even more as well! Both are only 10-20 points about the average numbers. It was a good appointment for sure. They are having me stop the meds (as of two days ago) to see if the numbers continue to stay down. I will find out tomorrow (or the next day) whether or not they are still down. If they are still down then I can stay off of the CellCept (liver med) and just monitor the levels.

I really like when appointments have only good news in them, I could get used to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment