Saturday, December 10, 2016

Self Imposed Quarantine

Since finishing radiation on Wednesday I have put myself under my own self imposed quarantine... There is some gnarly sicknesses going around and I just can't risk catching whats going around. Most of my friends who want to visit have little kiddos who are sick too so I have kinda just been lounging at home on my comfy, cozy couch. I have rested a lot and am really trying to eat in addition to the feeding tube but it is proving very difficult. I am going to make an appointment first thing Monday to talk with the nutritional team and get a handle on the feeding tube things and see what else I can do to get more calories in me. Never thought I'd be forcing myself to get calories in me... always been the opposite!
Tonight I left the house for the first time since radiation and I needed to look at some things at the store and just get some walking in because I've been pretty stationary. I wore a mask because I am so so nervous of getting sick and landing back in the hospital. The past two weekends were spent there and I didn't want to go for 3 in a row.
Venturing out!

My friends have been so nice and giving - my fridge is full of every type of liquid you could think of! I'm definitely taken care of. I know a few have been worried about me being home and alone but things have been good and it has been nice to just settle into my place and relax and know that people are close if I need them.

 
Just some random selfies
Some of the hair is still hanging on, guessing it will all start to go in the next week from this last round of chemo.

My radiation burn is pretty intense and gross if I'm honest. Burns are just hard in general, but when it is on your neck it is hard to treat just because shirts hit it and you can't bandage the area so it is just weird. Doesn't help that the side it is on is the side I like to sleep on. I'm adjusting though. I am very thankful that from my surgery I don't have any feeling where the majority of the bad burn is so I can't feel how much pain I am in. I know that it is playing a factor into my energy level because my body is still experiencing that level of pain whether I can feel it or not. The parts I can feel are not so pleasant though. Hoping that things heal up fast, even with the drop in my numbers from chemo. Also that it doesn't scar. Here's hoping!

right after a shower



No comments:

Post a Comment