Monday, February 6, 2017

Treatment Option #12

Today I started my new treatment, the 12th option, Keytruda (Pembrolizumab). Keytruda is the last approved drug for melanoma that I haven't tried, so we have made it through the list. Pretty crazy. I knew we would come to this point but it is still weird to think about. Regardless day one is in the books and done. Infusion was very very fast in comparison to my chemo treatment infusion (2 hours vs. 7+ hours) so it was crazy to be done so fast. I will be going every 3 weeks and I can definitely get used to 2 hrs up there.

I hope to tolerate this treatment well and not have any hiccups. I'll be keeping an eye on my liver, as well as the other side effects, but the liver is the one I'm worried about. Tonight I am pretty tired, but I also have been going most of the day where I would have never been able to do that the night of chemo. I hope this continues. I also hope that my eating and tastes continue to improve as well. As much as I like the weight loss I've accomplished through chemo (not a good weight loss program...) I know it isn't healthy and need to not drop more. Also there is a high risk of being on steroids in my future so to gain weight after losing so much isn't healthy either. But, trying not to worry about that too much.

Biopsy of a spot by or on my parotid gland is tomorrow to see if it is melanoma or just inflamed/scar tissue. If you have read through my blog from the beginning of all this, you know how hard my biopsies have been at times. It is weird that I am not worried about it and not worried about having it. Show up, get it over with. Regardless of the results it wont change the treatment options. It will just show if down the line if it is melanoma then it adds some additional treatment options added.

Treatment option 12 I hope you treat me well!

Infusion Selfie

Baldy and showing my original scar

1 comment:

  1. Prayers going up! You are beautiful and so generous to share your story.

    ReplyDelete