Saturday, July 1, 2017

LaterBlog: Portland

Oregon is amazing. Period. 

My friends and I love to travel together and when it started lining up that we could all make Portland work, we did just that and made a unforgettable vacation happen. 

Four of us flew in on Saturday and got our rental car and drove up to Cannon Beach on the Pacific. It was stunning. The ocean there is different than in California and has a sense of calm and peace. It's misty and intriguing and just beautiful. The towns up there are quaint and homey. Welcoming. We stayed the night in Seaside at a cute riverside condo, got some amazing strawberries on the roadside, grabbed dinner, had more laughs than we knew what to do with, watched Goonies, went to the Goonie house; just made some great memories. 














The next day we went to Multanomah Falls (since we couldn't remember the name we kept calling it Melanoma Falls) and it was beautiful. The girls walked up to the bridge; my body wasn't feeling up to the walk. Tyler and Spencer flew in that night and we had an eventful night grabbing dinner. An old friend we worked with lives up there now and met us for a drink and it was great to get a hug from him and catch up. We walked downtown, some interesting people watching for sure. The girls got some late night Voodoo donuts. "Keep Portland Weird" sign The staples. 
















Monday I was lucky enough to meet up with my cousin who lives up there for brunch. We had a great time chatting about our late uncle and laughing about good times. It wasn't until later in the day that Facebook reminded me that it was my uncles birthday. What are the odds that I'd be in Portland (where he lived and passed), having brunch talking about him, on his birthday. Pretty awesome universe. We hit up Powell's books, some more donut places and then a really great happy hour in the city followed by some tasty ice cream. 



Tuesday was brunch and just random shopping around and then home. We were there for a good amount of time and I feel like I could have been there for another week and not have gotten bored - I would've gained some good weight with all the food, but not bored! 






This trip was so memorable and I don't think any of us have laughed that hard for a long time, even if there was a little help. It was so great to have almost all my best friends in one town for one amazing trip. I'm so glad that Ashley made it on her buddy pass, Brooke could get work off and that Megg and the boys let me jump on their already made plans. 


No comments:

Post a Comment