Friday, July 24, 2015

Treatment #3 Done and New Hair!

Wednesday I had my third treatment and all went well. Last weeks injection made me super swollen and huge, this one not so much which is nice. Hopefully that doesn't mean it isn't working as good.. but we shall see. The injections haven't hurt really thanks to me not having any feeling on that part of my neck due to surgery. It has been a bit tight from the swelling and I can feel it inside my throat it was that swollen. This round isn't that bad. Next week I have my next infusion of Ipi and I am supposed to start feeling more of the side effects after that.
One fun thing that started on Monday is my hair is starting to grow back from chemo! My friend pointed it out and I told her that was a mean joke to play on me, but when I looked it really did start that day! It will be a slow process but I can see a dark hair in each follicle, it's a start! I'm excited to see what it is going to grow back in as... curly? a different color? We shall see!
I went to Bear Lake this last Monday for a night. It was a good getaway. I went with Maryann and Marty and their two boys, Ben and Jack. We camped and went to the beach. Had some food and just relaxed in a beautiful setting. I was pretty tired when I got home but it was worth it.
Today is Pioneer Day in Utah and I'm looking forward to my dads insane firework show tonight. He is a nut and has some of the biggest and scariest fireworks - it's great! I love big fireworks and it is always good to have the whole family together.
Tomorrow I am hopefully going to California to see my best friend until Tuesday. I am flying on a buddy pass so here's hoping I get on the flights! Her cousin, aunt and mom are visiting too so it will be a fun group of people. I need to go to Cali every 6 months or so for my sanity.. I am overdue. It will be good to get out before more side effects kick in.
I may have cancer but cancer doesn't have me. I will have as much fun as possible as I feel better. On to the next adventure!
 Tumor borders
 Extremely thin hair but with lots of little guys coming in - especially in the front! 
(scar on my scalp is from my first round of Melanoma in February 2009)
 Right after the injection - not too bad!
Beautiful Bear Lake, Utah

No comments:

Post a Comment