Saturday, May 27, 2017

San Diego to Scanxiety overnight...

I had an incredible time on my vacation to San Diego. We packed the days with the Safari Park, Sea World and lots of good food. The most fun of it all was all the good times talked about and made. Knowing someone for 30 years means you've had a lot of fun times and have known a lot of people down the road. It was fun to reminisce for sure!
The first full day we went to lunch by the sea in La Jolla, it was gorgeous and tasty. We then headed to the Safari Park. Between the beach and the inland we gained 20 degrees in heat - landing at 94degrees. No fun on that front. Besides the heat - the park was great! We saw all sorts of cool animals, cheetah run a sprint and then the coolest thing on the safari part - a baby antelope was born seconds before we got there. Umbilical cord and everything, standing for the first time. So cool. Ashley came up from Orange County to meet up and spend the night with us. We grabbed a nice dinner on a patio overlooking the ocean in Del Mar and watched the sunset. That night we talked til 2 am giggling and then zonked.
30 Years of Friendship Here
 


Sun Hat Hazard... Sorry Jackie

Brand new baby, just standing for the first time. Umbilical cord and all. Fighting males (3) behind them

THE best local strawberries from a road side stand... delicious!

Our Dinner View

The next morning Ash and I woke up early and had coffee by the pool and chatted, nice and relaxing morning (sadly I slept terribly that night!) We then went and met my friend Morgan's family who live in San Diego for a champagne brunch. It was a great little brewery with a fun brunch. They had an amazing koi pond and live music. Ash joined us for that and then headed back up to Orange County.
Sunday afternoon we spent it at Sea World seeing the remaining shows and animals. That night we were exhausted! We came back to the hotel and relaxed for a bit, went to the hot tub. Morgans family came to the hotel and joined us for a late dinner and some drinks.
 Besties at the Pool

5yr old at heart... they won me a stuffed animal and a coin purse WHILE taking me to Sea World. Happiness.

Koi pond at Karl Strauss Brewery for brunch

The next day we checked out of the hotel and Morgan had to do some work so Jackie and I and Morgans sister returned to Sea World. We took in all that we missed, including a rollercoaster and water ride; both that I haven't done in years and felt like an old lady after once we were all disoriented from being jerked all over! (both the Safari Park and Sea World have short hours... 10-5/7pm) We then hit the beach for a bit and grabbed some Mexican food for the road and headed to the airport. And just like that the exciting weekend was over! It was a lot of fun, but I am still recouping! So tired still!
Toes in the sand and the Pacific = Reset

Adventures of the Sun Hat continue... 

Avalon, me and Jackie doing some amazing selfies


I had Tuesday to recoup and then Wednesday I had an appointment, Thursday I had scans and another appointment. To summarize what I learned from those appointments and scans so far. Not really much. Basically everything hangs on what the scans reveal. We did block out the surgery date if we go forward with surgery to remove the neck tumors. That date is June 8. So approximately 12 days away.. oy. It is a much easier surgery than I have had, but it is still a surgery and will be followed by radiation to the neck. Some clinical trials were brought up as well, both are paired with Keytruda (pembrolizumab) but both (and radiation) involved a wash out of the meds I'm on. I would be off of all systemic treatment for a minimum of 28 days and that scares me, worries me. I don't trust what my body will do with a month to run wild. So that said, I have had some intense anxiety happening lately. I am doing my best to control it but it is definitely wearing on me. One thing I have started to notice is pain in my hips again. This makes me think that the cancer is slowly starting to grow there again. Definitely don't like the physical reminder that it is inside. I have an appointment on Tuesday with my general oncologist so I hope to finally get a better idea of what is happening and get a plan. Once I have a plan that should help ease my anxiety a bit.

The. Worst.


This weekend is Memorial weekend here and so I am hoping to do a little BBQ'n and hanging out. Try and keep reminding myself that there isn't anything more I can be doing at this very moment to change where I am at. Just got to be in the moment and enjoy what I can right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment