Sunday, April 19, 2015

Finally turned a corner

I have finally started to feel better the last two days and it feels good. I still have very limited energy but the nausea has subsided substantially which is a blessing. Nausea is one of the worst feelings, especially when it is so persistent. My skin is also still very itchy but it is manageable.  
I have just over a week left before my next round of biochemo. I am nervous going into this round since I have been so weak and energy-less. I am so much more weak entering this next round that it will be interesting to see how different it is. I spoke with my doctors about a game plan and they said that we can adjust some levels if needed.  It is nice to know there are options. 
With just over a week before round 2 I want to try and get out of the house and maybe see some of my close friends and family. I have only left the house once since treatment and that was to go to the Acute Care Clinic. I hope that my energy and side effects play along and I just start feeling better each day. I also hope food starts sounding good again… the taste in my mouth is making everything sound blah and the nausea doesn’t help either. But my motto is still one day at a time so that’s what I’ll do until I’m all done. 
I have a count down, ie a paper chain that has now 80 links. That’s 80 days until biochemo and radiation is done. 10 inpatient days. 6 at home injections. 21 radiation treatments. And numerous recovery days. I can manage it more breaking it down like that. 
One day at a time, trying to enjoy the journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment