Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Love is Love

If you know me you know that Gay Pride is something I love to attend. It is one of my favorite days of the year and I have gone consistently for the past 8 years. I was getting sad when I looked at the timing of chemo and pride and it wasn’t looking like I would be feeling good enough to go. I have been really weak and can’t stand for very long and that’s all you do at pride is stand and watch the amazing people walk down the parade - at least that’s what we’ve done the past 8 years. Then I thought hey, why not bring a chair! Amazing right? My best friend brought me a chair and an umbrella and I got to enjoy the pride parade. I still wasn’t able to go to the festival but I felt part of the tradition. 
Although I have skin cancer and one of the main causes is the sun, I will not be a prisoner of the indoors. I will adjust what I wear and lube up on sunscreen and will enjoy an outdoor life. It may cause me some anxiety but it is just one of the things you can’t avoid - being in the sun at some point. I have bought some great hats and scarfs though and will be more covered up that in years past. I also have stocked up on new sunscreen - don’t want to run the risk of it expiring and not working. 
Hoping for a great and enjoyable summer and I am so happy I got to spend pride with some great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment