Monday, June 29, 2015

Another Clinical Trial

I have decided to participate in another clinical trial. This trial is looking very promising and is far less invasive than biochemo was. This trial is injections into the tumor of HF10 (a modified herpes virus) as well as infusions of Ipilimumab. The first month I will have 4 HF10 Injections and 1 infusion of Ipi. Then it will go to one of each per month. If the tumor doesn't shrink within the first month I can come off of the study and switch to PD1 treatment. It is nice to have options. The side effects are flu like symptoms and some bowel issues, all things I can handle. I hope to be able to start working again if things aren't too hard on me.

I had a rough day yesterday. I went to breakfast and then to the farmers market. At the farmers market it was 102 degrees and it hit me like a bag of bricks. I felt nauseous, weak and began shaking badly. It was awful. I sat down and my friends got me wet rags and Gatorade to help. My friend had to drive up back to her place where I sat and recouped for a couple hours. It's things like that that remind me that chemo is still in my body and I'm not back to normal even though I feel much better than I have the past couple weeks. Just got to still give it the time it needs to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment