Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Random Update

I’m amazed at how fast time goes by when you’re not really doing much - it makes sense that when you’re busy time flies! I have been pretty mellow, just resting and slowly recouping from treatment. Today marks a month since I started my third round. I can’t believe it. I also can’t believe how weak I still am. I have to continually tell myself to think of what my body went through this year and try to not be so hard on myself, give myself time. I went for a walk today and made it half a block before turning around.. It will take time to get back to to my normal - or to my new normal. I am thankful to be where I am though, I know what the alternative is and I hope to never be there. 
My nausea has gone away finally, I haven’t taken meds for it for about a week now. Eating every 2 hours has definitely helped with it and I am getting my taste back. One thing that has gone away is my sweet tooth (if I haven’t said that before) and it is the strangest thing. I was the sweets queen! My checks have “Life’s short, eat dessert first” on them. Now I don’t even want to see sweets. This will be good as far as losing weight, but it is just so interesting that such things can change your ways. Chemo for the win on that one. 
I am learning what it means now to fuel your body with food. Before food was a comfort and I mindlessly ate whatever I felt like - within reason, kinda. But now I am choosing foods that will help get me stronger and help with nausea and fatigue. I can feel a difference in the way the foods make me feel - something I never have felt before. Another good thing to come from this ordeal..
I still have not had coffee, and caffeine minus the couple sips of diet pepsi I had the other day, since the beginning of April. Caffeine adds to dehydration so that is why they made me stop and coffee was too hard on my stomach so they pulled that as well.. I suppose I could start back up but it just hasn’t sounded good and if I can kick sugar AND caffeine, well that’s a pretty big deal. I am sticking to water and crystal light for now. 
I am nervous to go back to work. My energy is so low that I just don’t feel I will be able to do the job I want to do or what they would like me to do. I know they will be more than accommodating for me but I just feel bad that they have to change things for me. I will have to slowly ease into work, but it will be good to finally have things I’m responsible for. I have a dogsitting job for the first part of July so that will be good as well. It has been nice seeing people for lunch and dinners and such lately though - I love my friends and family. 
That’s the random update for now, just passing time until scans in a week and a half. It really will be good to get those done and know what the next chapter holds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment