Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Approved by the FDA

Today is a great day in the world of melanoma treatment!
One of the clinical trials I am involved in was just approved by the FDA for treating late stage melanoma. My doctor, Dr. Robert Andtbacka, is one of the two doctors who published the results last year in a medical journal. Again, I am so lucky to have such amazing doctors on my team.
Here is the link to the article: A Cancer-Killing Cold Sore Virus Fights Late Stage Melanoma


This is the first trial I enrolled in and I was randomized to not receive the injections (T-VEC), only surgery. The second, and my current treatment, is also a form of the cold sore virus (herpes simplex 1) but just a different modification - named HF10.

It is great to see such progress in the treatment of this awful disease. Can't wait to beat it once and for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment