Friday, December 25, 2015

Christmas 2015

Christmas is a time of family and fun – and me getting spoiled like a child from my family.  This year was no exception.
Christmas eve we spend with my extended family enjoying some home cooked Italian food and playing bingo for money. It is a mellow night and it is always good to get the big family together.
Christmas morning is spent at my parent’s house with my parents and sister and we have sweet rolls (that my aunt gives out on Christmas Eve every year and they are the best ever…) and then start opening presents. My family goes big on Christmas, even when we say we aren’t going to. This year I was engulfed and surrounded by presents and couldn’t even see my mom next to me!! It was insane, but in a good way! We spent the morning opening the presents and seeing the fun things people got each other, laughing at some of them. We all know what we want, let’s just say that.  After all the gifts are done and we have some clam dip (it’s a tradition) we all head our separate ways and pretty much all take a nap.
My family doesn’t do anything on Christmas night, so I decided to make my own plan for the evening. I had gone and got some word searches, Sudoku and RedBox movie codes with a popcorn and decided to go up to Huntsman and hand them out to the people who were still there on Christmas, one of them being Mandy.  It was fun to hang out with her and her family on Christmas – they have taken me in as another daughter I believe. No complaints here!  I walked around to the different rooms and sadly wasn’t really welcomed into more than a few – I think people were just over having people come in and wish them a Merry Christmas. I left them a goodie and headed down the halls. I was happy to see that there were more empty rooms than full ones, definitely a good sign. A couple people were extremely grateful and wanted to hear my story as well. They made it all worth it. Also the people that were there in the halls taking a break from visiting their loved ones were very appreciative and also need some recognition.
My dinner plans fell through (twice!) and so I spent the night with Mandy watching a movie and relaxing, it was very nice. I then joined my friend late and enjoyed some Chinese takeout. Definitely a Christmas to remember!

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope it was full of family, friends and LOVE (oh and some tasty food!)





No comments:

Post a Comment