Thursday, December 17, 2015

The not so happy part of my friend’s wedding day…

As I was walking to the temple to join my friend on her wedding day I had this constant pain on my neck/chin and it just had gotten worse in the past few days. Thinking it was just my giant tumor pressing on nerves and whatnot, I put my fingers up to my jaw line to try and disperse the pain (for some reason I feel like touching the area of pain makes it better… it doesn’t lol) but as I did that I felt a lump. Yep. A new f’n tumor. I felt around a bit to make sure it definitely wasn’t the large tumor just spreading out, and it definitely was not. It is its own beast. I also felt a new one behind my ear as well later on that day. I called up to my doctors immediately and since my scans and appointments were less than a week away they just told me they will address it then.
My neck has been a pretty constant source of pain in the past 6 weeks. The past 3 have been increasingly bad. I have had to sleep in only one position and it definitely isn’t my favorite.. But I need sleep so I will do what my body will allow.

My appointments can’t come soon enough as I need to switch off this clinical trial and on to a different treatment – hopefully Keytruda. Keytruda just made national news as ridding President Jimmy Carter of all his tumors from Melanoma in a short 4 months. This is our next line of defense and I can’t wait to hopefully see the same results! I’ll see what the scans and doctors say on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment