Sunday, September 27, 2015

First day back at the market

Today I worked the market again! For some of you that don't know my market history - I used to be a vendor and sold sea salt caramels (hence the blog name, sweetsaltydeliciousness...) and then once I injured my back I decided to end that chapter and then became one of the market managers. I help manage the vendors and operations day of. After my cancer diagnosis and treatment I haven't been back - since February. Today they were short on cashiers for the breakfast so I filled in. It was my semi-return to the markets and I was greeted with open arms. Everyone was so excited to see me and just was so happy that I felt good enough to be there.
I worked for 4 hours, standing the entire time and I did alright. By the end I was a bit shaky and exhausted but I was happy I was able to do that much. The market is truly like a family - they have been so great through this battle and extremely supportive. I am not sure if I will be working more this weekend or not - we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment