Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Seattle

I got out of town this last weekend! I haven't gone out of town since my diagnosis so it was great to have a change of scenery. My good friend is getting married so we went there for a bachelorette getaway. We stayed downtown and walked all over. I probably walked more than I have in two years! But I kept up! We went to Pike Place and got some good food. The girls did a lot of shopping and it was a good time. Seattle reminds me a lot of San Francisco, with steep hills, lots of fun places to see and eat at. I spent Friday - Sunday with the girls and then Sunday-Tuesday night I met up with my good friends who live about 20 minutes outside of Seattle. We did all the fun touristy things like see the Space Needle, Pike Place again, fish and chips on the pier and we even went to the Washington State Fair. I still wasn't able to drink coffee - I tried and it was a no go! So sad... But we did go visit Starbucks corporate which was pretty cool.
It was a fun and long 4 days and even though it was great to see my good friends and spend time with them, I was excited to get back home. I'll definitely have to visit again soon.

I'm hoping to get out of town again soon, maybe even before Mexico! Here are some pictures from my trip.

Pedicure time

Breakfast

Love this lady - Happy Bachelorette!

On one of our many walks

Good times

Walking through some sketchy parts of town

Just a mid day Seattle selfie

Pike Place Market

Found this sign at a childrens cancer research center - pretty cool

At Seattle Center

With Cliff and Brooke at Seattle Center

Random Photo Ops

Washington State Fair


1 comment:

  1. aw girl, this looks like so much fun! i'm so glad you got to get out and enjoy seattle.

    ReplyDelete