Thursday, September 10, 2015

The Gong!

In the cancer world there is a gong or bell that you get to ring when you finish chemo or a cancer treatment. It is in the infusion room and once you are finished with your last treatment you get to ring that sucker!
Because my chemo was done in an inpatient setting, so in the hospital part not the infusion room, there wasn't a gong or bell or anything. I litterally just walked out the front door, no real closure or validation for the fight I had just endured. I had wished there was one so bad!

Yesterday when I finished my  last infusion I finally was able to ring the gong! I asked the nurse to film me as my friends had left by then, and she didn't catch it the first time so she had me ring it again! Two times - so perfect! For the two treatments I have completed. It really means so much more than you'd think. It is the little things in this fight that really mean a lot.

Here is the video of the second time.


No comments:

Post a Comment