Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Scanxiety

Tomorrow is my scan day. Tomorrow we will find out if the cancer has stayed localized or spread. We will also find out if the treatment is working well enough to continue or if we will be switching treatments. We will be doing a biopsy tomorrow as well - one of my least favorite things. If we continue on with this treatment we will start the additional injections tomorrow as well. If we switch then we will set up a schedule to start the new treatment, most likely PD1. I am hoping that it is working enough to continue on this treatment plan but I am nervous that it isn't working as well as needed as I still have two large tumors in my neck. They were shrinking in the beginning but I feel like they have plateaued and stopped shrinking. I guess we will wait and see. I used to never be nervous about scans until this year. Now it gives me major anxiety, or scanxiety as it is called in the cancer world. It will be a long day up at the hospital, yet again but I will be happy to have it over with. Here's hoping for some good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment