Sunday, May 22, 2016

Just another ER visit

Yesterday was spent at the ER, again.
I have been having a sharp pain in my upper abdomen that just kept getting more and more intense. After I started looking into why it would be hurting where it was, I realized it had to be my gallbladder. It got so bad that I decided to go in.

I had to go to the U of U ER since Huntsman doesn't have any options for evening and weekend urgent care. I was there forever... They did an ultrasound of my gallbladder and found multiple stones and one giant one. It had a freaking shadow on the ultrasound! Then the problem was to decided if it was infected or blocked. Luckily it wasn't either of them, but that also means that I couldn't have it removed while I was there cause it isn't deemed an "emergency." I was sent home (and finally was able to eat and drink a little something) and will talk with my oncologist and get a plan. I will definitely need it removed so I hope to have it sooner rather than later as the pain is pretty consistent and not comfortable in the slightest.

It has been a month that's all I have to say.


Sexy lady!
oh and they couldn't access my port so after 6 pokes they got an IV started... 

2 comments:

  1. Shut. the front door. I am so sorry. That all (all the post since starting nivo/ipi) sounds like a crap load of I-don't-want-to-do-this. Love and support for you for doing it, for doing your best. Love you dear and praying for your comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing that this wasn't considered an emergency. My wife had gallstones too, and she was fine one minute and throwing up the next. She was at work and had to be taken to the ER in an ambulance because she was doubled over in pain. They decided not to remove hers immediately either, but thankfully it was removed not long after that.

    Leonardo @ U.S. HealthWorks Medical Group

    ReplyDelete