Sunday, May 1, 2016

My Kind of Sunday

I don't think it gets much better than a Sunday where you don't really have any plans and just go with the flow of things and fill your day with things and people as you'd like. I woke up today and thought brunch sounded good so I got a friend to join me and we had a tasty brunch and a lovely cocktail. I followed that by hanging with one of my best friends and her munchkins on the farm. This included her 8 week old puppy. Puppies and kiddos that love you immensely makes all cares and worries go away - it is probably a proven fact. Just the innocence in them both just is so so refreshing. I then took a quick nap - a given on a lazy Sunday. Then went to a taco and tequila party at a friends, then went to my parents and that was a wrap on the day. Lots of animals, food, friends and love for the day. Too bad everyday can't be like this right?

I have felt better each day which is nice, my face has gone down more and more each day. We ruled out that I don't have mumps, which is good, but we don't know why my parotid glands decided to freak out. Heat compresses, massage and sour foods/candies has worked for now and I just hope that they don't always flare up when I catch a cold or what not cause it hasn't been pleasant in the slightest.

I haven't really put too much energy and thought into the next steps in this cancer bs since Wednesday. I know a lot of things are going to be put into motion soon, so I am just sitting back until I have some more direction. What I know for now is that I am going to be getting a port-o-cath (an implanted IV access in your chest) and that will most likely happen this upcoming week. I also know that my insurance denied the drugs (we expected this) and so the petition for free drug is now in process yet again. Put some positive thoughts out there that it gets approved and things can get moving. Cancer is a whole lot of hurry up and wait, and you sadly start getting used to it.

For now I am carrying on as I feel good and until there are things that get scheduled. I should know more soon though.

Hope everyone has had as good of a weekend as I have - I mean I went to a drag queen show with my mom, sister and two best friends, not sure you can top that!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment