Friday, May 27, 2016

Friday Update

I have been feeling slightly better each day, but definitely am still a whole lot of tired. I am doing really good at 3 hour naps and then feeling like I want to go to bed again at 6 or 7pm. I have to force myself to stay up until at least 9, that I can feel ok with.

I had a follow up appointment yesterday for a skin check and the clinical trials I was involved with early last year. I learned that one of the studies is going to compensate for each visit, approximately $45. I'll take it! All my skin checked out good, no new worry spots or things to biopsy which is always great. I also talked to both my oncologists about my damn gallbladder and we decided to do a formal ultrasound before treatment on Wednesday and see what is happening and how many stones are there (as well as how big they are) before deciding on surgery. I have been told I can have it out whenever I feel strong enough for the surgery. That is a tough one because this treatment has decided to kick my ass so I am not sure how I feel about putting a surgery on top of it. Or if it will just be good to get it over with and feel super crappy all at once? Why are these the decisions I have to make? I would much rather make the decisions of what kind of frosting to put on a cake I made or what to drink. Ya know, simple decisions.

It is a holiday weekend and I have very little plans, but the plans I have are great with me because it will just be stuff to keep my mind busy before heading into treatment again mid week. When you know it will make you sick it is hard to get geared up to go in... mind games I tell ya. I am more prepared now and know what to expect so I wont let it sneak up on me like this last one. I have my Gatorade and Ensure stocked up as well as a cozy bed!

Thank you to all who have written letters, we're up to 9 now. So nice of you to take the time out of your day to send me a little note. I haven't read them all but I am excited to see who some are from. Like I said, I am going to reach for them when I am having a crappy day or just need a little extra something something from my army.

Good vibes for the weekend and treatment next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment