Friday, May 20, 2016

Shiz got real, real fast.

The last few days, well week has been a lot harder than I expected. Starting Friday night things just started to keep going downhill. I basically just slept the days and nights away, dealing with the constant fevers and trying my best to stay hydrated and eat whatever I could find that even sounded good. Then Tuesday morning came and I knew I had passed the point of feeling better and that dehydration had definitely kicked in. I was shaky and disoriented, nauseaous. When I left the bed to attempt to get up for the day I would only be summoned back to either sitting or laying again. I contacted my doctors/nurse staff and told them my concerns and they got me into the Acute Care Clinic (ACC) shortly after that. Once there they did some tests to decide if I was dehydrated and I could barely stand during them, my heart rate was in the 140's and my blood pressure was all over the place. Not to mention the steady fever of 100. Doctors there wanted to rule out infection as well. We started fluids and then pulled labs for the infection testing. After my second bag of fluids, they said they may admit me because my oncologist feared I was having a really rare heart side effect which is an inflammation of the heart as a muscle. Luckily, after the tests came back normal, they let me go home; 6 hours, 10 labs/test and 3 liters of fluids later. I felt better but definitely wasn't great. My friend helped me get home and then I headed to bed - still no appetite.
Everyday since I have gotten a bit better and a little stronger. I was able to run to the store - doesn't seem like a big deal but man it wiped me out! I stocked up on Gatorade, Ensure, Coca Cola and Sprite; all things you need when you're really sick and need fluids or nutrients. So much for the no soda thing I was working on... It just tastes to dang good when you don't feel good.

My sweet friends brought me a tasty dinner last night as well as some beautiful flowers. Their company was plenty, but the flowers and food didn't hurt either.

I am planning on laying low the rest of today and then hoping to venture out and do something social tomorrow. I am helping gather donations for Rally for Ruby on June 11th and a lot of the vendors will be doing Farm Fest tomorrow so I want to grab what I can. I truly have an incredible farmers market family - always stepping up to the plate for me. 

Here's hoping each day gets a bit better and that I can get stronger to head into the second dose of treatment. Keep the positive thoughts coming!

oxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment