Tuesday, May 3, 2016

The Call

Today as I was running around I got a call from a number I didn't know. I only answer these calls when I don't have anything else going on - otherwise I let them go to voicemail. Who was on the other line is what I imagined to be a sassy southern woman from her accent. Here is the call (as best as I can remember that is)

Me: Hello?
Caller: Yes, is this Miss Alexis Waters?
Me: This is she.
Caller: (in the most monotone script reading southern accent) Hello, this is --- from Bristol-Myers Squibb patient assistance program. I am calling to inform you that we have approved your grant for the Yervoy/Opdivo combination and I will be sending the drug to your doctors office shortly.
Me: Wait, what? That is amazing! Wait, what drugs again? (because I was making sure she said both! I was only expecting one!)
Caller: (again, in the most monotone script voice, she read the script again) You've been approved for Yervoy/Opdivo combination.
Me: Oh my gosh!! That is incredible!! Thank you so so much! Amazing!
Caller: (sooo soo monotone script) You have a nice day.
Me: Thank you! You too!!

And that was that! I am pretty sure she has NO IDEA what kind of drugs she is handing out. Life saving, life changing drugs! She was ready to just get off the phone and on to the next call. Gotta love a scripted phone bank worker!

I have been granted the FREE yes FREE drug! Amazing! Earlier in the day my nurses called and we have my port scheduled for Tuesday and then my first treatment will be Thursday. Pretty amazing.

To put it into perspective - just the Yervoy (Ipilimumab) treatment alone is $400K+ that they charge the insurance. I literally was just gifted over a half a million dollars. Freaking incredible!

Thanks for all the positive energy you all put out there for me - it worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment