Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Big O

As many of you know I drive a funky car and for some reason can't let go of it. It is now a random part of my identity and I just don't know what I'd do with a normal nice car. If you don't know about my creeper van, it is basically a caravan transformed into a cargo van with a cage and no seats in the back. Wide open space, enough space for a full bed. Anyways, that's ol' blue and I for some reason love it.

But it's got lots of miles and tends to run great and then not so great. I have been putting off fixing a bunch of things just cause life has been busy and obviously other things take precedence. My dad offered to pay for the things to get fixed, and I knew it would be a lot. We took it in to Big O like always and they fixed her all up. When we came in to pick it up I was just waiting for the bomb to drop as to how much it would be. He put the bill down and I saw the damage, close to $1000.... Yikes!! And then he says, "it's taken care of". The owner knows what our family has been dealing with and was so gracious and generous that he took care of it all. He said I had enough to worry about and I needed a safe car to be in. Truly amazing. My dad and I both teared up and just shook our heads in disbelief.
People are good and kind. Even in this hectic crazy world if you put out good energy it comes back - when you least expect it.
I had to thank them so I headed to The Baking Hive and stocked them up on all the chocolaty, buttery, sugary goodness they could handle. It's the least I could do. And give them all a big hug.
Some days are just amazing in the middle of the dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment