Monday, June 20, 2016

Father's day

Father's day was a good day, mostly.
I started the day out with a quick stop to the Wheeler Farm Farmers Market and had some breakfast. I then ran some errands and did some shopping. After that I went back to where I was dogsitting and played with the pup a bunch (sweet great dane) and then took an amazing and long nap.
After I woke up I got ready and headed to my parents house and we grilled steaks and had corn on the cob, beans and potato salad. All was super tasty and followed up with strawberry shortcake. I gave my dad some framed pictures of me and my sister and then one of my mom, sister and I. He loved them and was genuinely happy and enjoyed his day which made me enjoy it too!
Now the "mostly" part.. So that long amazing nap I took made me sleep through the normal time I take my neck nerve pain meds. I take them 3 times a day and can tell when I need them but was dead asleep so I missed it. I took them as soon as I woke up but knew I'd pay for the 2 hours of lapse. About half way through dinner the pain got pretty intense and obvious to everyone. We tried some anti-inflammatory gel but I feel like it made it a little worse. It got to the point that I finished dessert and headed out so I could lay down and try and figure out something to help. Nothing helped besides time, laying down (kinda) and my next dose.
It is insane to me the pain I've been having in my neck. My tumors are a fraction of the size they were at the worst and are causing almost as much pain. So so crazy. Hoping to begin to manage it better. appointment on Wednesday.
But like I said father's day was a good day, mostly.

No comments:

Post a Comment