Friday, June 3, 2016

#melanomajustgotpersonal





















#Melanomajustgotpersonal I've marked my opponent! Braf+ andvanced Melanoma.
My #melanoma story:
First diagnosed at age 26 with stage 3b from mole on left forehead/hairline with satellite lesions on 2/10/2009
Clear for 6 years and an enlarged lymph node appeared on an MRI which tested positive for#metastaticmelanoma #stage3c on 1/14/2015. Since then I have had a radical neck lymph node dissection surgery, three brutal rounds of inpatient#biochemo, clinical trial of HF10 (herpes simplex 1) injections paired with 4 #Yervoy (#Ipilimumab) infusions, Braf inhibitors #Tafinlar/#Mekinist combo, Braf inhibitors #Zelboraf/#Cotellic combo and now on immunotherapy combo Yervoy (Ipilimumab) and#Opdivo (#Nivolumab). As I stand now I have one more approved treatment option left. 
Melanoma is personal and isn't JUST skin cancer. 
I have an amazing army of supporters and#teamLex is strong which helps me keep fighting each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment