Thursday, June 16, 2016

Rally for Ruby and Millies Princess Run

Rally for Ruby was great! So many happy smiling faces - especially Miss Ruby's. She was a bit overwhelmed but warmed up for a minute which was sweet.
The auction went great and pretty much everything got bid on - anything that didn't is going to Millies Princess Run this Saturday. The bike parade was led by Ruby and she was so excited. I signed up for the fun run, but my energy wasn't at the level to walk it.

I've been feeling pretty good - my fatigue is pretty intense lately, so it is nice that I don't really have any commitments and can rest when I need to. I have been doing more each day so that may be part of it too. My neck is killing still which is terrible. I have started taking nerve meds again and we are talking some adjunct therapies to try and reduce the pain. More info on that to come as nothing is really set in stone.

This Saturday is another event near and dear to my heart - Millies Princess Run! Millie is my friends daughter who fought like a champion against leukemia. Sadly she lost that battle 3 years ago (Saturday is the anniversary of her passing). This run was started for her 5 years ago and has grown into something amazing. Each year they help other kids with cancer, usually having a princess and prince. Runners dress up in tutus and crowns, other costumes, glitter and sparkles everywhere! Every princess you can think of is there and it is just a good time. It is nice to show up for people who need it - especially after being on the receiving end. Again, I'm registered for the run but will maybe walk a portion of it. Still working up the strength of things... One day. It will be nice to honor Millie. She has helped me in so so many ways through my cancer fight. When I get overwhelmed or start drifting to freak out mode I think about how if Millie could do it, so can I. She was such a strong and positive little human. I hate cancer, especially childhood cancer. So evil. That's why this event is so great - it makes you not think about the horrible side of things and have a fun day surrounded by princesses and men in tutus! Can't wait.

My next treatment is Wednesday, half way through the hard ones. Will be happy to get these behind me. Scans aren't until July 22nd, so just over a month away.


This picture makes me so happy - Sweet Ruby with her face paint



No comments:

Post a Comment