Thursday, July 7, 2016

MEDS

So I have been asked how many meds I take a day... Well with the new meds it is a lot as it adds 9 pills a day. I decided to show you exactly what I take.

Here are my AM meds.


They are as follows: 
Zelboraf (3) - BRaf Inhibitor/Chemo Drug
Ibuprofen 800mg - Pain
Gabbapentin (2, 600mg) - Never Pain
Personal Pill
Allergy Pill
Thyroid Pill - Caused from the immunotherapy
Prednisone (4) - Currently on 80mg down from 120mg
Stomach Coat Pill - Due to the Prednisone dose, to protect my stomach
Pain Pills (1 1/2) - These vary per day, and multiple times a day

NOT PICTURED: Mid day meds: Gabbapentin (2, 600mg) and another Ibuprofen 800mg. If pain is climbing I will take additional pain meds too although I try not to

PM Meds: 


Zelboraf (3) - BRaf Inhibitor/Chemo Drug
Gabbapentin (2, 600mg) - Nerve Pain
Pain Pill (1 1/2)
Cottellic (3) - BRaf Inhibitor/Chemo Drug
Personal Pill
Sleeping Pill
Probiotic


So, lots of pills. Since my liver situation is still so high, all but my nerve meds all process through my kidneys. For now I can't take anything else that will process through my liver such as Tylenol so I have to be careful. Before the liver situation I had two additional meds I took as well... so many meds! The life of a cancer patient is what I say. As the pain decreases with the BRaf inhibitors I will be able to reduce the pain pills, ibuprofen and nerve meds. I'd like to get down to as little amount of prescriptions as possible but that will take some time, but that is always the goal. Lets just say they know me at the pharmacy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment